Software Engineering Notes (SEN) is edited, but not refereed. SEN is appropriate for research papers and reports in all areas of software engineering. SEN contributions are archived in the ACM Digital Library and are publicized through many search engines and scientific indices.
SEN submissions are now being accepted at http://sen.sigsoft.org/.
New Site for Online Submissions
We have a new site, http://sen.sigsoft.org/, for online submission of items for publication in SEN. You can submit articles, reports, reviews, columns, announcements and book reviews.
Books Available For Review
If you're a member of SIGSOFT and would like to see your name in print, check out the list of available books, have the editor send you a book, read it, write up your review and send it in.
Papers, Reviews and Columns in the October Issue
This issue of SEN includes these reports and papers:
- Agile Culture: A Panels Report from XP 2017, by Steven Fraser, Dennis Mancl
- Report of the 1st International Workshop on Context-aware Autonomous and Smart Architectures (CASA@ECSA2017), by Claudia Raibulet, Mariagrazia Fugini, Khalil Drira, Patrizio Pelliccione, Klaus Mossner, Ilias Gerostathopoulos, Christian Prefoher
- Designing the Software Systems of the Future, by Lina Northrop, Ipek Ozkaya, George Fairbanks, Michael Keeling
- The Effect of Software Warranties on Cybersecurity, by Dirk van der Linden, Awais Rashid
- Summary of the 1st IEEE Workshop on the Next Level of Test Automation (NEXTA 2018), by Markus Borg, Adnan Causevic, Serge Demeyer, Sigrid Eldh
- No Silver Bullet Reloaded: Report on XP 2017 Panel Session, by Steven Fraser, Dennis Mancl
- Software Engineering for Smart Cyber Physical Systems: Models, System Environment Boundary, and Social Aspects, by Tomas Bures, Danny Weyns, Bradley Schmerl, John Fitzgerald, Faeq Alrimawi, Barnaby Craggs, Thomas Gabor, Ilias Gerostathopoulos, Yu David Liu, Florian Murr, Bashar Nuseibeh, Julis Ollesch, John-Paul Ore, Liliana Pasquale, Michal Zasadzinskin
- SCAV'18: Report of the 2nd International Workshop on Safe Control of Autonomous Vehicles, by Mario Gleirscher, Stefan Kugele, Sven Linker
- Summary of the International Conference on Software and System Processes (ICSSP 2018), by Marco Kuhrmann, Rory V. O'Connor, Dan Houston, Regina Hebig, David Raffo
- The ALI Architecture Description Language, by Umaima Haider, John D. McGregor, Rabih Bashroush
- Multi Directional navigation method for optimized consumption of user generated content through semantic mapping of features derived from the user generated content, by Ajay Jain, Sachin Soni
- And these reports from Java PathFinder Workshop:
- Keynote Address: Side-Channel Analysis via Symbolic Execution and Model Counting, by Tevfik Bultan
- Invited Talk: Test input generation using separation logic, by Quoc-Sang Phan
- A Progress Bar for the JPF Search Using Program Executions, by Kaiyuan Wang, Hayes Converse, Milos Gligoric, Sasa Misailovic, Sarfraz Khurshid
- Assessing the Adequacy of Synthetic Programs for Learning SPF's Configurations, by Maria Paquin, Elena Sherman, Amit Jain
- Attack Synthesis for Strings using Meta-Heuristics, by Seemanta Saha, Ismet Burak Kadron, William Eiers, Lucas Bang, Tevfik Bultan
- Automatic Data Structure Repair using Separation Logic, by Guolong Zheng, Quang Loc Le, ThanhVu Nguyen, Quoc-Sang Phan
- Benchmarking of Java Verification Tools at the Software Verification Competition (SV-COMP), by Lucas C. Cordeiro, Daniel Kroening, Peter Schrammel
- Memory safety in C by abstract interpretation, by Joseph Jones, James Wasson, Sean Brown, Seth Poulsen, Peter Aldous, Eric Mercer
The letters and columns in this issue include the following:
- From the Chair - Tom Zimmerman
- Letter from the Editor - John Georgas
- Top 10 Downloaded Articles
- Top 10 Most Cited Articles
- SEN Reviewers Wanted - 40 Books available for review
- SIGSOFT and ACM Learning Webinars available on YouTube
- Passages - Alex Groce
- Errors in Computing History - Robert L. Glass and Frank Land
- Open Models: Beyond the Open Source Software Development - Zhi Jin
- Risks to the Public - Peter G. Neumann and contributors
SEN online in the Digital Library
The full text of the current issue and all back issues of Software Engineering Notes is now available free online for SIGSOFT members in the ACM Digital Library.